Siarhei Varankevich will start teaching a special course at the Faculty of Law of BSU
We have created an course on personal data protection for master students of the Faculty of Law of the Belarusian State Faculty. Start – October 24, 2020.
The course provides a short introduction to the GDPR. The program is designed for 6 days and includes the following topics:
- Privacy and protection of personal data
- Definition of the concepts of “personal data” and “processing” on the example of specific articles and cases
- Data protection regulations
- GDPR principles (special attention will be paid to the principle of “legality, fairness, transparency of processing”)
- Data subjects’ rights
- Responsibilitys of companies in the field of personal data protection. The tasks of a lawyer.
Course trainer – Siarhei Varankevich CIPP/E, CIPM, MBA. Founder of Data Privacy Office, international GDPR trainer and consultant.
Through the course, students will be able to determine if they want to continue their studies in the field of personal data protection. This will be a good platform for building a career as a Data Protection Officer.